Friday, January 6, 2017

The Q & A Tag: On Batmobiles and Lightsaber Skills

Happy New Year! 2017 is here and resolutions have been made by pretty much everybody except for me.

If I had made resolutions, they would have probably been something about time management and trying to write my posts further in advance (rather than the day before Friday). But I didn't. Which is why it's the first Thursday of the the new year and I have no time to put together a clever, helpful, or inspiring post.

And you know what? I don't even care. Why? Because I have a blog tag I can use to fill in this Friday. But not just any blog tag. A Q & A blog tag with questions by the talented Julius Bailey, who has posed 10 important queries. Two of which are in regard to Batman.

In case you don't understand the gravity of this, let me explain my dedication to Batman. Here are just a few of the Batman-related items in my possession:
Yup. I like Batman. So, on to the questions:
1: What is your favorite drink? Horchata. Hands down. If you've never had it, go find some. Also, if you ever walk into a Mexican restaurant that doesn't serve Horchata, turn right around and go somewhere else. Horchata is the sign of good Mexican food.

2: What is your least favorite book?
This may make a lot of people upset, but: Ella Enchanted. I've read it all the way through, but it has always bugged me. I've never really liked the plot of the original Cinderella (who wants to marry a dude who can't remember what you look like and instead has to try your shoe on every girl in the kingdom? So Ella Enchanted not only has a plot I dislike, but it is always upsetting for me to read about how Ella was mistreated. It left me feeling like casting the Avada Kedavra spell on multiple characters. 

3: What's the longest distance you've ever traveled on foot?
About 10 miles. My family and I used to go on a lot of road trips and hikes when I was younger. One such hike was in Yosemite. It had about 10,000 switchbacks. Uphill. It was hot. And dusty. And did I mention the switchbacks? But the view at the top was beautiful and worth it. 

4: If you could own one of the batmobiles from any one of the live-action Batman movies, which one would you choose?
Okay. So. If we're talking the batmobile I would use to fight crime (such as hunting down people who don't return books they've borrowed, don't use oxford commas, or use the wrong form of "your"), then I'd choose the Batmobile from The Dark Knight. That thing is completely awesome. But if we're talking about the one I'd own just to drive around, then I'm going with the 1966 Batmobile. On top of having extremely functional gadgets such as the bat-tering ram, the super-powered bat-magnet, and the inflatable batmobile, it's really pretty. Just look at it:

5: Would you rather be chased by human eating snakes or human eating spiders? Snakes. Spiders scare me. It probably has something to do with all of the fantasy novels I read, but snakes scare me less than spiders. But, honestly, if both of them eat humans, I probably don't stand a chance either way.

6: Would you rather have awesome kung fu skills, or awesome lightsaber skills (with a saber included)?
Oh, sweet! A way to defend myself against the afore mentioned human eating snakes! Thank you. I have to go with awesome lightsaber skills. Because Star Wars. Also, lightsaber skills tend to include kung-fu-like skills. Think Darth Maul.

7: If you had to be stranded fifty miles out in either a desert, the ocean, or the north or south pole, which would you choose? Do I get to bring my lightsaber and batmobile with me? No? Then probably the ocean, because, being a Californian, I'm more familiar with it than deserts or the north/south pole. Though technically California is a desert. *shrugs* I'm fairly certain I could survive because I've seen a lot of stranded-on-the-ocean movies. We all know how accurate those are. 

8: What do you consider to be your greatest skill?
Perseverance. I think that this is not generally considered a skill, but I think otherwise. I consider it my greatest skill because it has allowed me to survive and succeed in certain areas of my life (blogging, college-ing, publishing, and fighting Lyme) I would not have been able to without it. 

9: What's your dream job?
Being an author. Ideally, not only would I publish works of fiction, but I'd also start up my own a transmedia group (a team of coders, musicians, writers, actors all working together to create stories across many different media platforms). I'm not sure what that title is. Self-employed? Entrepreneur? 

10: What did you think of Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice?
MARTHA!!! Every time I think of that movie, I think of this scene from I Love Lucy. Beyond that, I actually like that movie. *hides behind laptop* I understand that it was a total mess, but I liked it: the scary Batman (minus the killing people part), the soundtrack, Lex Luthor. In fact, I wrote an entire review for it here, if you're interested in my full thoughts. 

This is where I'm supposed to come up with my own questions and tag other bloggers to answer them. But I'm too busy with my new batmobile and lightsaber (which is purple, by the way) to do that. 

If this looks fun, feel free to use the above questions and be sure to credit J. Bailey. And let me know, too, so I can read your post! Also, don't forget to look around J. Bailey's blog. He likes Batman, so he's immediately cooler than a lot of people. 

What about you? What batmobile would YOU want? Leave your thoughts below!  

Related articles: 
The Liebster Award - In Which I Answer Random Questions and Link Over to Other Epic Blogs
Blog Tag: 15 Things I Love About Being A Writer
Why Writers Should Strive to be More Like Batman

Enjoy this post? Take a look around. If you like what you see, please don't forget to subscribe by email for a new post every week!

4 comments:

  1. Batmobile? The Tumbler of course (Dark Knight!). Who wouldn't want lightsaber skills? RIGHT?! I think I'd prefer a Jedi Sentinel Saber Handle, they're longer like Darth Mauls so you could fight two-handed easily or with dual sides like a staff, oh and my color would be silver!
    Great post Hannah!! Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! Nice choices! Your lightsaber looks slightly cooler than mine and I'm a bit jealous. =D Thanks for the fun comment! So glad you enjoy reading my posts!

      Delete
  2. Ha! Love this post, Hannah. Personally, I'd likely go with the Tumbler Batmobile for crime fighting and cruising. And I'd also go for Kung Fu skills myself. It'd be so very satisfying. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Tumbler Batmobile is pretty dang awesome. =D And, honestly, I would love to be able to do Kung Fu simply so I can blink randomly and say, "I know Kung Fu." The ultimate Matrix reference. =D Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative