Friday, July 1, 2016

My 2 Year Blogiversary! + A Survey

There are a lot of crazy things that take place in the world. Animal hotels. 8 Fast and Furious films. Twilight fans. The fact that it's 2016 and women's jeans still don't have correctly sized pockets.

But you know what's really crazy? 

The fact that my blog has been in existence for a full 2 years.

That's right. Today is my 2 year blogiversary! 
I mean, how did that even happen? You'd think I'd have messed up my blog's code and brought my corner of the internet down around our ears. Or maybe had the NSA knocking on my door, wondering how it was that I thought it appropriate to give people tips on how to make the most out of killing off (fictional) people

Luckily, neither of those things happened and I know that has nothing to do with me. 

It's all you guys. Yep. Not to sound like a Hallmark card, but, without you, none of this would be possible. 

On a scale of awesomeness, 1 being Jar Jar Binks and 10 being Batman, you guys are right up there next to Batman. And that's not a compliment I go around giving to just anyone. 

You guys join me in my quest to throw nerd references into just about any conversation...or at least follow my progress with tolerant amusement. You share my posts with others, are not ashamed to be seen chatting with me on social media, help me out when I have writing-related questions, give me book recommendations, leave intelligent and thoughtful comments on my posts, and somehow managed to help me scrape up 28 awesome reviews for Skies of Dripping Gold

As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the best followers that could possibly exist. 

In fact, your awesomeness is what inspires me to constantly push this blog to be as best as it can possibly be. 

So, to up the awesomeness factor of this blog, I've decided to start giving away free money and books. 

Just kidding. Sorry. That was kind of mean. 

Seriously, though. I would like to find  new ways to improve this blog, but I need your help. I've put together a blog survey to help me figure out how to tweak this blog to fit your needs. 

It's 17 questions and doesn't take long to complete (say 5 to 10 minutes). It would really help me gauge my audience and plan for any changes that may or may not need to take place. Your participation would be greatly appreciated.

So what do you say? Will you take it? It's not mandatory, but if you say no I may show up uninvited on your next birthday and proceed to curse you to fall into eternal sleep upon getting a paper cut from your favorite novel. Not sure if you want to risk that, but it's up to you.

Anyway, click below to take the survey. It's not your typical survey....After all, I put it together with my awesome nerd writer audience in mind. Have fun:


Powered by Typeform

Now, would you like to join me for a slice of birthday cake? Help me blow out the candles. 3, 2, 1:
In case you're wondering what the third year of this blog will bring, allow me to inform you: I have no idea. 

But that's what makes it fun, doesn't it? 

I post every Friday, but I rarely know what topic it is that I'm going to post about ahead of time. I try making my own book inspired recipes, but I'm never sure how it will turn out until after I make it. I never know who will follow me or what blog posts it is that people will or will not like. 

Hitting the "publish" button each Friday is like a little adventure all on it's own, and it's one that I'm proud to share with you. 

So here's to another year of writing tips, reviews, recipes, nerdiness, and adventures. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty dang excited. 

Related articles:

Enjoy this post? Please share on social media and take a look around. If you like what you see, don't forget to subscribe by email for a new post every Friday!

10 comments:

  1. I quite agree with you about the abhorrent state of pocket size on women's jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your this two-year blogiversary! Also, your blog survey was the most fun survey I've ever seen or taken. You asked some great questions!

    Also, awesome list of crazy things. Awesome and hilarious! Here's a few additions: the rarity of G-ratings for kids' films; the emoji Bible (I'm not making that up); and the fact that dresses have either a modest collar but a ridiculously high hem, or a nice long skirt, but a plunging neckline. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed the survey. I had fun putting it together. =)

      I have never heard of the emoji Bible. I feel like that would be more difficult to read that the King James Bible. =D And yes, dress shopping is horrible because of the mentioned problems. And let's not forget the dress that is long, has a modest neck line, but then has a massive thigh-high slit. =]

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS, Hannah!!

    By the way, your ironic sense of humor is absolutely golden in this post. Everything from the scale of Jar Jar Binks to Batman, to the understated threat if we don't fill out your survey, to the fact that the start button in your survey is "For Narnia." Haha, can I just say that I love your personality? ;D (At least that which I can recognize online! xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thank you! I'm so glad you appreciate my humor. I sit and write these posts with a smirk on my face, sniggering and wondering if I'm the only one who laughs at my jokes. =) Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

      Delete
  4. "The fact that it's 2016 and women's jeans still don't have correctly sized pockets." Don't remind me. :/

    But yay for you, Hannah! You are such a sweet potato. It's been a pleasure to follow you and your blog and become buddies with such an awesome writer and blogger. I seriously look up to you! Best of luck in the coming year. I know you'll do great and I'm hoping to be around to witness all of it.

    Keep up with those nerd references, girl. The Batman approves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Hannah!

    Oh my gosh I just love your blog, you are so witty and I love all your nerdy quotes!

    And oh yeah, the pockets in women's jeans are so tiny! I love to shop at thrift stores for older/vintage jeans, they have much better pockets... and less expensive muahahaha!

    Your survey was fun, (loved your Batman sharing a slice of cake and your For Narnia!) and I hope helpful and encouraging to you :)

    And Happy Birthday! I hope you had a really great day!

    Keep up the amazing work!

    Sincerely, Paige.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, if a little belated, anniversary, dear Hannah! As long as you keep writing them posts, I'll be right here reading them :) Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS, Hannah! Your blog is the (2nd?) blog that I have subscribed to and I enjoy it a lot.

    Byee

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative