In case you haven't noticed yet, Random and I are very good friends and always have a lot of fun together.
Because of this, you can imagine my excitement when the ever-awesome Nate Philbrick nominated me for the Infinity Dreams Award, an event quickly followed by Gabrielle Massman kindly tagging me to participate in the Sunshine Blogger Award. Both of these awards include answering random questions or giving out random facts. Randomness, here I come! But first, a little introduction:
Infinity Dreams Award. I was tagged for this one by the helpful and hilarious Nate Philbrick. If you’re not following his blog, then you are really missing out. Not only is he sarcastic, but his posts are extremely useful. Can’t really go wrong with that. Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
The Sunshine Blogger Award. Gabrielle Massman tagged me for this one. She's a super sweet blogger with a plethora of awesome, helpful posts. So if you like awesome and helpful, go follow her. If you don’t like awesome helpful, go talk to a doctor. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog.
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers that you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
Alright, let’s get to it:
Infinity Dreams Award: 11 Facts About Me
- Because Lyme disease sometimes makes typing painful, I use a voice recognition software called Dragon NaturallySpeaking to dictate many of my blog posts. That’s why my posts tend to come across as conversational. I pretend like I’m talking directly to you so as to not feel so awkward talking to my computer. But, of course, talking to a person who's not there is still awkward.
- I am completely fine with one-on-one conversations or being part of the massive, impersonal crowd. Anything in-between scares the heck out of me.
- I love heights and would one day like to go skydiving.
- I have never read a comic book in my entire life, a fact that I always feel slightly guilty about, given that I’m a nerd and a fan of superheroes. So please comment below if you know of any good comic books.
- I do not own a phone.
- Unlike most, I actually really like Kylo Ren. I think he has a lot of potential, especially where character arcs are concerned.
- I ship Darcy and Loki. Can you imagine how sarcastic their child would be? Beautiful.
- I’d love to go to New Zealand someday, mostly so that I can stand in the middle of Hobbiton and hum "Concerning Hobbits."
- Several of my friends have said that I’m very similar to Katniss Everdeen. I can’t stand Katniss Everdeen.
- Novelizations upset me. Why is it that movie adaptations are never true to the books, but novelizations are almost always identical to the movies? This is a horrible injustice that must be stopped.
- Scott O’Dell was one of my favorite authors growing up. His penchant for killing off characters is probably why I’m always expecting my favorite characters to die.
Sunshine Blogger Award: 7 More Facts About Me
- I always feel slightly self-centered for rattling off all of these facts about myself. Just hang in there. I’m not that annoying, right? This is where you're allowed to lie.
- I’m scared of spiders. I blame Tolkien. And Rowling. And all of the other authors who think its funny to feature large, man-eating arachnids in their books. Why? Just…why?
- Because I’m a blogger at the geek site Constant Collectible, I recently applied for a press pass to the 2016 Comic Con. I’m not sure if I’ll be allowed in, but I'll be pretty dang excited if I am.
- Shoes are lame. Give me flip-flops or give me death.
- Public speaking is not my gig. I can’t even talk this blog post without repeatedly stumbling over my words.
- Kawaii figures make me happy. Just look at them:
- Not only do I dislike Shakespeare, but I’m not a fan of Charlotte Brontë or Charles Dickens. I’m expecting the
thoughtliterary police to come knocking at my door any day now.
Infinity Dreams Award: Questions from Nate
- What was the first story/poem you remember writing? Ha. Are we sure we want to go there? Okay, fine. The first story I remember writing was Horseland, an extremely original piece about a horse trying to dispose of an evil horseshoe by throwing it into a volcano. Surprisingly, it was never published.
- Favorite fictional
character? Samwise Gamgee.
And Neville Longbottom, Jason Bourne, Liesel Meminger, Scout, Mark Watney, Eeyore, Hiccup, Luna Lovegood….so many more.See, I kept it down to one. Impressed?
- Coffee, tea, or neither? Tea, hands down. Chai, with cream and coconut sugar.
- What’s your best time of day for writing? The morning. I always thought the twilight would be a poetic time to type out a novel, but I’m always too tired by then to try.
- If you could live in one other country, which would you choose? Canada, right on the border, so that I could visit America anytime I want. In other words, I like the US and wouldn’t want permanent residence anywhere else.
- What fictional pet would you choose? Anything goes. A Peryton. They’re beautiful, majestic, and have wings. Honestly, the only way it could be made better would be if it could breathe fire:
- Do you collect anything? If so, what? Books. Nerd shirts. Little mermaid paraphernalia. Don’t ask about that last one.
- What famous person (any place/time) would you choose to meet? C.S. Lewis. I’d like to share a pot of tea with him and ask him about world problems, his books, and his beliefs.
- If you could hang out with a fictional character for a day, who would you pick? Dude. That’s not even a fair question. I guess I’ll go with Steve Rogers, because we all know he is the best Avenger. Also, Bucky would probably be with him. Bonus!
- Favorite season (the weather kind)? Well, considering we really don’t have seasons in Southern California, I’m going to have to say summer.
- What movie would you like to have starred in if you could? Probably The Matrix. My acting skills suck, so I figure I couldn’t be any worse than Keanu Reeves. Also, I’d get to say “I know kung fu” without having people send me weird looks.
Ta-da! Done. Now, for my nominations and questions:
Sunshine Blogger Award: Nominations
Because your blogs make me smile:
Infinity of Dreams Award: Nominations
Because you and your blogs are awesome:
Infinity of Dreams Award: Questions
- Favorite fictional weapon/magical power?
- Who is your favorite character to write and why?
- How do you want your writing to impact your readers?
- If you got a hold of the Millennium Falcon had the chance to fly to any sci-fi planet ever imagined, where would you go?
- What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to grammar and punctuation?
- Favorite type of chip? Supposing you like chips.
- Do you have any writing quirks you’d like to tell us about? Even better, do you have any writing quirks that you’d prefer to keep to yourself?
- Currently, what is your favorite book quote?
- If you had a Patronus, what would it be?
- Favorite nonspeaking/speech-impeded fictional character (Toothless, Chewy, Groot, etc)?
- Favorite hobbies that don’t involve reading or writing?
The Liebster Award - In Which I Answer Random Questions and Link Over to Other Epic Blogs
15 Things I Love About Being A Writer
MBTI Blog Challenge: How to Write and INFJ
Enjoy this post? Take a look around. If you like what you see, please don't forget to subscribe by email for a new post every Friday! And yes, I know this is Monday. Mondays posts are "special edition."