Friday, December 4, 2015

Skies of Dripping Gold: Author's Website, News, and How You Can Help


Okay guys, stop what you’re doing. Listen up. This is important.

Do you know what today is? I mean, other than being Friday. Today is December 4th, which is special because December 5th comes right afterwards. Mind boggling, I know.

So why is December 5th important? It’s the day I’ll be releasing my debut short story, Skies of Dripping Gold, on Amazon.
The Kindle version is available for pre-order on Amazon, so head on over and check it out. You will have the ebook sent directly to your Kindle on December 5th (tomorrow) and you can also pre-order the physical version here

Oh, and check this out:

See that? The word “author” is right there next to my name. How cool is that? Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Except, you know, authors make practically no fortune and rarely any glory, but still. I’ve been working towards this for a while, and I’m pretty excited. I get to join the “Indie authors” league!

I also have another piece of exciting news to share: I now have an official author’s website! You can view it here: http://hannahheathwriter.com

Please check it out and share on social media. Also, note that I’m starting a monthly newsletter. You can subscribe on my website here. I’ll be sending out updates, writing tips, book recommendations, and a few other surprises through that forum.

So if you enjoy my writing and my blog, sign up for insider information! Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy!

But, all nerd references aside, I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to share this story with you all. It’s one that is very special to me and one that I think will speak to a lot of people. It may look like a short story to other people, but, to me, it’s my heart on a paper (or, you know, electronics, if we count the Kindle version). It’s a blessing to be able to show you Skies of Dripping Gold. 
Now, this story is geared towards mature 13-year-olds and up. Because I know I have a few followers here who are a bit young, or perhaps a bit sensitive to certain kinds of content, I’d like to give you a brief parental review so you can decide who should and shouldn’t be reading this story:

Language
The word “damn” is used 4 times and “hell” is used once as a profanity. “B*****d” is used twice in an acute situation. I do not use any of these words for shock value. They are all there for specific reasons and none of them are used without purpose. If you’d like to learn more about my policy on using cursing in fiction, you can read my article on that topic here.

Violence and sexual content
None. I would never insult you or myself by weaving sexual content into my stories. And violence simply has no place in this particular short story. 

Darkness
I think I should clear something up right now: This story is not funny. Those of you who follow my blog or social media accounts may be expecting this story to be humorous, since that’s the direction my blogging tends to lean. However, Skies of Dripping Gold is not a funny story. It is what I refer to as “darkly inspirational,” meaning that the story is rather sad and dark in order to provide a more emphatic inspirational message. It’s a “light at the end of the tunnel” style that I tend to use in my dystopian writings.

Now, with that explained, if you decide to read this story (which you really, really should, because it’s darn good. Though I may be slightly biased), I’d love for you to help me out a bit. How can you do that? I’m glad you asked:
  • Rate and review on Amazon. And if you give me something lower than 5 stars, I promise not to start screaming “Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!” I’ll just be appreciative for a review.
  • Share my website and my Amazon page on social media. Feel free to copy images directly from my site and share on Pinterest, Twitter, etc. 
  • Review on your blog.
  • Tell your family and friends.
  • Review and recommend on Goodreads
  • Try whatever other marketing strategies look fun to you. Just think about how you may want to market your story when it’s out. Then test it out with my short story. You get practice and I get publicity. Win, win.
  • Remember that tomorrow (December 5th) is the release date. So let's make a lot of noise on Saturday!
I doubt I could have gotten this far without all of your encouragement and help. Thank you for everything you have done for me up to this point, and thank you in advance for anything you feel moved to do in the future. 

You all are the coolest followers on earth. I'm entirely convinced that you guys are blessings in human form. I'd love to hear what you think about my website. And, of course, don't forget to tell me your thoughts about the short story when it's released tomorrow!

Related article:
Skies of Dripping Gold: Synopsis and Release Date
Skies of Dripping Gold: Cover Reveal

Enjoy this post? Take a look around. If you like what you see, please don't forget to subscribe by email for a new post every Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Just pre-ordered. Looking forward to reading, and I like the theme 'preview'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much, Nathan. I'd love to hear what you think of it. =)

      Delete
  2. AHHH! I'm so excited!!!!! :D I am so stoked to finally get to read one of your stories! :) Congratulations. I know it took a lot of work, but you made it and isn't it just amazing? :) You inspire me so much and I am crazy proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. You are so sweet, Reigha! Thank you for the encouragement. I hope you enjoy the story!

      Delete
  3. I am so excited, Hannah! Your story sounds so interesting, and I have honestly been waiting to hear more about it :) I have never actually spent money on an e-book before, but this is going to be my first! Hopefully, I can get around to reviewing it sometime after Christmas.
    Congratulations, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so cool to hear! I'll be looking forward to your review. =)

      Delete
  4. How exciting!! I love dystopian stories... looking forward to giving yours a read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very exciting. =D Thanks, Bethany!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Hannah! The cover looks absolutely amazing :) I'd love to read it, and I hope I'll be able to squeeze it in over the holidays. The website looks fabulous too! Yay!!! Exciting times :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obviously I've been super busy because I just now read this post. AAAHHHH!!! Congratulations, Hannah! I'm so happy for you! You can totally expect me to buy a copy! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. So awesome, Caroline! Thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  7. I realise this is an older post but I was just looking around (because I've been terrible lately and not looking around much) and came across this post. THAT IS SO AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The cover looks amazing and I'm so excited for you!!! I'm super excited to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you so much, Victoria! You rock. I'm very excited. I hope you enjoy reading it! I'd appreciate a review on Amazon when you're done, if that's not too much to ask. =D

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative