Friday, July 31, 2015

Shipping Off to Kansas For Lyme Treatment: Please Pray


I have bad news, guys. No blog post today.

It was as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced….Sorry, I recently went on a Star Wars binge and can’t help myself.

Anyway, this Friday I planned to write a review of The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Anderson, but woke up today and realized that that wasn’t going to work. Here’s why:

As many of you know, I have Lyme disease. My parents have it, too. It’s been 3 and ½ year with major symptoms and no treatment thus far has worked. That fact is painful, depressing, and hard to live with sometimes. But we keep looking for a cure, because there has to be one out there, right?

We’ve found a clinic in Kansas that specializes in alternative medicine and treating sick, messed up people like us. It’s expensive, it takes a lot of time (6 hours of treatment, 5 days a week, for 2 weeks), but it has helped a lot of people.

So, tomorrow, we are headed off to Kansas, where it is extremely hot, where Todo has been long dead, and where we hope to find healing.
This has been in the works for a while. We’ve prayed about it and we’ve had many amazing people helping us. Will the treatment work? I have no idea. I hope so. But I can’t get through this on my own. I have two favors to ask of you:

1. Please pray for us. If you aren’t religious, then maybe cross your fingers and wish us luck? This is very important to us. I hate having Lyme disease. I hate that my loved ones have it. I want healing badly. But, no matter how this turns out, I want my faith in God to remain strong. So please pray for healing, for peace, and for strength. Not just for me, but for my entire family.
2. Please be patient. I will not be personally posting anything for a while. I have an amazing blogger slated to guest post here next Friday. I may end up having to find another blogger to guest post the Friday after that as well, because I don’t know how rough the treatment process will be. I’ll also be a bit lax with my social media presence. So, if I seem to drop off of the face of the earth for the following 2 weeks, know that I’ll be back soon.

Also, a quick note: A lot of you have been asking about my recent surgery. While I intend to write a full blog post about it sometime (hopefully soon, but, in light of current circumstances, probably not), I wanted to let you all know that I’m doing fine. The tumor was in my neck, but the surgeon was able to remove it all without damaging any of my nerves or cutting my head off. The pathology report shows that it was noncancerous. I’m healing well. Thank you all for your prayers, kind tweets, and encouraging comments. You guys are the coolest people on earth.

Now, I’m off for a goodbye swim in the ocean. Then I’ll come back home, pack, and tomorrow I’ll be in Kansas. Treatment begins on Monday. I will give occasional brief updates on Facebook, so if you’re wanting to stay in the loop, just send me a friend request.

Thank you all for your continued support. I hope to come back on here in two weeks and tell you that me and my parents are Lyme free. Until then, God bless you all. 

7 comments:

  1. Me and my family will be praying for you and yours. I hope you find what you need in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys! Definitely take time and have grace on yourself during this process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not religious, but it's not going to kill me to pray ... I'll cross my fingers, too! Good luck, Hannah, to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll pray for you, Hannah! And cross my fingers too, for good measure. Good luck, sweetheart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll definitely will be praying for you, Hannah! Remember that all these words remain true. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. For the Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go!" - Joshua 1:9. Remember that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" - Philippians 3:14.] Also.... "Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…" -Proverbs 3:5. Because... "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11. I hope you keep it all close to your heart. Those words, these verses. And just remember, that He is always with you! You're just the most amazing girl I've ever met, and the best-est friend I have been blessed with! I know you're going through your own fiery trials. but remember, you are more precious than silver or gold, far more priceless than any jewel. And lastly, remember that "Real gold fears no fire!" -Li Quan.
    God Bless You and your family!
    Love,
    your Sister in Christ


    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be praying, Hannah! Hope it all goes well! So sorry we didn't get to meet up yet, but hopefully a new opportunity will arise in the future. :) God bless, lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definately pray for you and your family! Thank you so much for everything that you have written and shared.

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative