Wednesday, July 1, 2015

1 Year Blogging Anniversary: Celebrating My Amazing Followers


Today happens to be a very special day. Not because it’s the day preceding my birthday (I like dark chocolate, by the way *subtle wink*), though that is pretty awesome in and of itself. It’s special because, 1 year ago from today, this blog went live.

Yep, my blog has survived for one year, goodness knows how, though I’m pretty sure we can all agree that it wasn’t my doing. I’m still surprised that I haven’t caused the collapse of blogger or brought the writing community to an untimely death.

See, I only really had 12% of a plan going into this blogging adventure. Okay, so that’s better than 11%, but I was still pretty clueless. 

It took me about six months to realize that I needed to start blogging on a consistent basis. I’d posted about five to ten articles before I fully developed my writing voice…turns out I’m pretty good at cynical and sarcastic with occasional nerd reference. Nobody saw that coming, I’m sure. Goodness knows how many typos can be found throughout this entire blog. Wait, don’t you dare go looking for them! I swear, if I even feel somebody searching my blog for mistakes, there is no measure to how fast and how hard I will bring this fight to your blogging doorstep.

Sorry, I’ve been waiting to be able to work Bourne into a post. Moving on.

I’m not sure if any of you noticed, but there was about two weeks where my blogger profile picture was fuzzy and distorted. It took me forever to figure out how to fix it. Apparently I just had to copy and paste a HTML code…who knew? And let’s not forget about the times when you guys patiently helped me clean up various loglines and book blurbs when I cried out for help.

Anyway, my point is this: I know for a fact that I couldn’t have made it this far without the support of family, friends, and other fellow bloggers. I had a specific monthly page view number that I wanted to reach by my first year. I ended up with 1,000 extra hits. I did fall short of my subscriber goals…by 3 people.  I’ve gotten many more comments and social media shares than I could have ever asked for. So I’d like to thank you all for sticking with me throughout all of this. You guys are about as epic as people can get.
Here’s what I’d like to do: if you are a subscriber or loyal follower, leave a comment below with your name and blog. If you don’t have a blog, then feel free to add any or all social media accounts in its place. Next Monday I’ll post a “Page of Patrons” with your name and media links to immortalize your awesomeness. Even if you don’t have a blog or social media, I would still love to put your name up. Don’t be shy. I know who a number of my followers are, but I’m missing the names of quite a few. So please, leave your information below. I’d love to connect!

The Monday after next, I will post a ‘behind the scenes’ blog post, mainly consisting of bloopers and ridiculous mistakes I’ve made throughout this blogging journey. And, being Hannah, we all know there have been quite a few, so stay tuned. 

Hopefully, somewhere down the road, I’ll be able to share my first novel, The Stump of the Terebinth Tree, with you all. Until then, thank you for your encouragement and support. This first year has been truly amazing. Let’s see what the second year brings. I’m sure it will be equally blessed. 

Enjoy this post? Take a look around. If you like what you see, please don't forget to subscribe by email for a new post every Friday!

11 comments:

  1. *throws confetti* Happy blogiversary!!! Here's to another year of awesomeness!
    C.B. Cook
    www.theworldofthewriter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS on a whole year! I think it's been nearly a year for me to, but I never kept track, lol. Happy early birthday as well!
    Raychel Rose
    www.raychelrose.wordpress.com
    www.twitter.com/roseofraychel
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's so exciting for you! It's got to feel really good to be consistently blogging for a whole year. It takes commitment and a lot of effort. Rock on for year #2!
    Alina Shosky
    www.writeralina.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Hannah. And there's no shocker by me! :)
    Caroline Reinhart
    http://emojicorn.blogspot.com/
    http://poetrypoliticspeople.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome and thensome, Hannah! I am so impressed with the breadth, frequency, and quality of your posts -:D ! You can be rightly proud of all you accomplished in just 12 months. Smokin'!
    Cat Michaels
    "Cat's Corner"and "Author 101" are found on http://www.catmichaelswriter.com

    July 1, 2015 at 3:21 PM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!

    @lindsayfouts
    http://www.lindyslife.net/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Hannah! I hope you're feeling quite proud of what you have achieved :) Applause! Applause! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your blogaversay! What a great milestone! I can't wait to see what awesomeness comes your way for another year. :)
    Katy Rochelle - http://girlmeetscinema.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will always continue to follow your success Hannah and be a loyal fan! Thanks for all the tips and advice you give and everything else you do!

    Shaira Caldwell - theroverette.com (currently going under some maitenance)
    Instagram - @travels.of.a.roverette
    Facebook - facebook.com/theroverette
    Pinterest - pinterest.com/shairaroverette/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Thank you for all of the great comments, people. I'm so lucky to have such great followers!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative