Monday, June 15, 2015

Tea with Tumnus: An Awesome Blog on Writing, Books, Movies, and More


I’m here to tell you about the next big blog.

On June 10 of 2015, Tea with Tumnus was made available to the public. This blog will provide tips on everything writing related, critiques on books, movies, and music, rants and raves about various fandoms, the occasional recipe, and more. It is written by the amazing Susannah Metzler, an aspiring science fiction/fantasy author, film score fanatic, movie lover, and fan of all things nerd.

I have every reason to believe that this blog will be one of the best things that has ever happened to the Muggle universe.
This is simply my unbiased opinion. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Susannah is my close friend.

Oh, who am I kidding? This has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Susannah is my friend. It is because she is my friend that I know exactly how awesome she is. You may remember her from my blog post about the Battle of the Five Armies. She was the one who dressed up as an elf to go see the movie with me and another friend. Once, I gave her a jar of dirt of as a present. She’s probably one of the few people on earth would be excited about something like that…. Pirates of the Caribbean fans will understand why.

It’s because she’s my friend that I have had the privilege of reading her short stories, parts of her books, and listening to her outline stories for new novels. I’ve seen her writing up close, and it’s because of this that I can say that her blog will be (and already is) nothing short of epic.

I’ve been waiting a year now for her to enter the blogging circle so that I can brag about her mad writing skills, awesome nerdiness, and cool knowledge of the musical world. Now that she’s finally started up her Wordpress blog, I’m going to pull a Lion King and hold her site up for all to see.

If you are a writer, nerd, a fan of film scores, movies, and books (which you probably are, otherwise you wouldn’t be on my blog right now), then you’re going to love her blog.

If you’re not any of those, then you are still going to love her blog.

You have no choice in the matter. It’s simply a fact of life. Go check out Tea with Tumnus (mandatory), subscribe (mandatory), leave a few comments (optional), and share on your social media (not even close to optional).

What? You think you won’t like it? I find your lack of faith disturbing. Have I ever steered you wrong? Nope. And I’m not going to start now. 

So grab your towel, hop into your TARDIS (or your Millennium Falcon, whichever one), turn on your favorite John Williams film score (or, if you’re like me, Hans Zimmer film score), and maybe bring a time-turner, because you’ll probably end up spending more time over there than you have to spare.

It is a fairly new blog, but more (extremely epic) posts are coming soon. Clearly, I’m very excited to see where this goes.
A while ago, the hashtag #authorsforauthors was trending on Twitter. I love the concept of writers sticking together and promoting and supporting each other’s craft. Not only is this a cool practice, but it’s a great way to stumble across other talented creatives. So what about you? Do you have any blogs by writer buddies that you want to showcase? Leave a comment below! I’ll be sure to check it out.

Related articles:
This is The Blog You Are Looking For: Constant Collectible - The Ultimate Geek Site

Don’t freak out. I know I don’t usually post on Mondays, so I realize this is a bit out of the ordinary. Rest easy knowing that I will still be posting my usual writing-related article this Friday. If you haven't already, feel free to look around. If you like what you see, subscribe by email to have my posts delivered straight to your inbox!

5 comments:

  1. Aw thanks Hannah! Thanks for spreading the word. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Your blog is really awesome. =)

      Delete
  2. Sounds cool, Hannah :) I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative