Friday, April 17, 2015

This is the Blog You are Looking for: Constant Collectible - The Ultimate Geek Site


BREAKING NEWS. I am now a contributor at an awesome geek blog called Constant Collectible.

Okay, so that’s not really breaking news. I’ve been a contributor since last Sunday. But that doesn’t exactly make a very good opening sentence.

So what exactly is Constant Collectible? 


Well, let me break it down for you:

Simon, the creator of this site, does Film Fridays every Friday (imagine that!) and then writes random posts throughout the week when he sees something that he thinks will interest viewers. These posts usually have something to do with new trailer releases, all of which are placed under the tag Trailer Nation. Also, he’s going to do some pretty cool posts this weekend, but more on that later.

We have Johnny, who does comic book reviews, either posting reviews of an entire series (called Massive Review Monday) or a review of a single comic book. These are posted on Mondays. Inconceivable, I know. I’m pretty sure he’s also the guy who makes sure the site doesn’t explode or suddenly fall to pieces.

Then there’s Drew, the tech reviewer. He posts every Tuesday. He works at a tech store, so he has insider information on all the new toys. He just did his first Tech Tuesday, giving us a preview of the new Apple watch.

Paul is also a contributor, though he has yet to post. He’ll be doing reviews of video games, so if that’s your thing, keep a look out for his first post.

And then there’s me. I post every other Sunday. I bet you can’t guess what I review. Naw, you'll never get it. Are you ready for this?

I review books.

Boom. Nobody saw that one coming. Anyway, my first post was on The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, so if you like books (which I know you do, since you’re visiting my site), you’ll want to check it out.

Now, for some super cool news:

You know how the Star Wars celebration is going on this week? Well, Simon is doing live posting (I’m not sure if that’s even a term, but let’s just go with it) of all the interesting events that take place over there. He’s actually going to Anaheim this weekend, so stay tuned for some awesome bits of news.

Also, last thing and then I’ll stop rambling: rumor has it that Constant Collectible is planning it’s next phase: a Podcast.

Yep. It’s going to be epic.

So, if you are interested in learning about geek culture, if you like Marvel and DC movies, comic books, tech toys, nerd novels, video games, or Star Wars, hop on over and follow Constant Collectible.

If you don’t like any of these things, hop on over and follow Constant Collectible.

This is not optional.  

Once you follow, don’t forget to leave comments (we love comments!), like the FB page, follow on Twitter, visit them on Pinterest, etc.

I try to look out for my followers, so I’m just telling you for your own good: Go follow them now. Right. Now. You will not regret it.

Related articles:

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hannah this post is so awesome! These guys sound amazing. I am a total geek so I about leapt outta my seat when I got this email. That's so cool that you're going to be a book reviewer on their site! I have to check out your Hitchhiker's Guide review ;) I think it's awesome that they're starting up a podcast. I run my own podcast too so I always get excited when I hear about other people running their own. If they would like some advertising or would appreciate a shout out, I'd love to do that for them on my show. Anyhow, awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked them! They're pretty awesome. =)
      I'm not sure when the podcast is scheduled to start, but thank you so much for your generous offer. We'll have to take a rain check. Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. Well, well! This is wonderful news indeed - and yes, I was completely blown away to learn that you will be reviewing ... books, of all things! I like the idea that the only girl on stuff does the books. The maybe-upcoming podcast sounds good too. And now I shall go and follow Constant Collectibles everywhere, because, well, it's mandatory, apparently :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Completely mandatory. But even though it is mandatory, I'd like to thank you for following Constant Collectibles. =) It's much appreciated!

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative