Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Battle of The Five Armies Blog Challenge


Guess what? The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is coming out in three days! *spaz dance* I am really excited about this. But I’m also really sad.  For all I know, this may be the last time that I’ll actually get to look forward to seeing a new Tolkien-based movie directed by Peter Jackson. I might never be able to have a conversation like this again:

Friend: “Oh my gosh, the next Hobbit movie is coming out!”
Me:  “I’m so excited!! I hope they’re able to pull that one scene off.”
Friend: “Oh, didn’t you hear? They’re not including that scene!”
Me: “WHAT?! That’s so mean! Now I don’t even want to go see it.”
….
Me: “But I’m totally going to go see it!”

And of course there’s always this conversation:

Friend: “I saw The Hobbit! It was amazing! The scene where Smaug –”
Me: “NO! I haven’t seen it yet! Don’t tell me anything.” *runs away*

Anyway, my point is that we Tolkien fans may never again be able to nerd out about an upcoming LOTR movie installment. So I think that we need to make a bigger than usual occasion out of this movie. Now, in all fairness, us Tolkien weirdos usually make a big occasion about all of this kind of stuff. But I’m talking about bigER, as in Bilbo Baggins style. As in, it’s so awesome that ‘half the Shire’s been invited, but the other half is coming anyway.’

So what exactly am I proposing?

I am proposing “The Battle of The Five Armies Blog Challenge.” Here’s how it works:


Get together with some fellow Tolkien fans and go see the movie together. And of course you’re going to have to go in costume as one of your favorite characters. Take pictures next to the movie poster. Or make a video of you and your group quoting some of your favorite lines. Or maybe just film yourself getting a bunch of weird looks from other normal non-cool moviegoers who aren’t dressed up. 

Doesn’t that sound epic? Come on, you know it does!

Now, since you’re actually still reading this, I hereby challenge you to The Battle of The Five Armies Blog Challenge. You have been challenged and you shall not pass until you comment below and tell me whether you think you’ll do it or not.

Ha. See what I did there? ‘You shall not pass’ reference. I am good.

Anyway, here are the terms:
  1. Get into costume as your favorite character
  2. Go watch The Battle of the Five Armies in said costume (preferably with friends)
  3. Take pictures or a video
  4. Post about it on your blog (make sure to include pictures, because that’s pretty much what makes it fun). If you don’t have a blog, no worries! Post it on Twitter, GooglePlus, Facebook, and Instagram, or wherever else you want to. Just include this hashtag: #BattleOf5ArmiesChallenge
  5. Tell me how it went! Leave me a comment or tag me if you post it on Twitter, GooglePlus, or Pinterest.
Let’s make this memorable, because who knows how long it will be until Tolkien nerds will be able to unite like this over a new movie? And because, well, this kind of challenge is just plain fun. 

So what are you waiting for? Start planning a way to make your viewing of the third hobbit as nerdy and awesome as humanly possible. Let your inner Took run wild. And don’t forget to challenge other Tolkien fans to participate!

As Gandalf once said, “I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging.”

If you happen to be somebody who is willing to share your Battle of The Five Armies journey with other Tolkien nerds like me, then come back once you’ve seen the movie and leave a link to your blog/social media post!  You have no idea how excited I will be to hear about your adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Hannah. Unfortunately I'm not brave enough to follow you on this adventure (I'm going to see The Hobbit on Saturday with the whole family, Mom included, and they prefer to think of me as sane, lol), but I applaud you and all those ready to enter this challenge :) Xmas hugs from Bucharest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks for reading. I guess it's a good idea not to freak your family out. =) Merry Christmas back to you, too!

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative