Saturday, August 23, 2014

6 Reasons Why You Most Definitely Do Not Have Lyme Disease


So you think you have Lyme disease? Well, don’t even bother talking to a non Lyme-literate doctor about it. I can tell you what they’ll say, and I won’t even charge you money like they do. Save yourself some time and energy by just reading the 6 reasons why you most definitely do not have Lyme disease:


  1. You didn’t get a rash, because EVERYONE who has Lyme gets a bullseye rash.
  2. You tested negative for Lyme on the standard blood test, which has never EVER been known to be wrong.
  3. You didn’t spend years in the backwoods playing with deer.
  4. You don’t live on the east coast, because ticks ONLY inhabit the east coast.
  5. You never had flu-like symptoms.
  6. You look like the healthiest person alive. 
Maybe you still want to go see the doctor about having it, but I'm willing to bet that you'll hear at least 1 of these mentioned as reasons against your having Lyme. But please don't get me wrong. Only non Lyme-literate doctors will bring these up...which means almost all of them will bring these up. But go ahead and talk to a "normal" doctor. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

If you are looking for a doctor who actually understands Lyme, go to: Lyme Disease Association Inc. 

8 comments:

  1. First off, you don't always get a bullseye when you have Lyme disease (mine didn't even show up until 10 days AFTER I was diagnosed and put on antibiotics) and you can also get it through sexual transmission. Second, this year more than 50% of ticks in Vermont alone tested positive as Lyme carriers. Please don't pretend you're a doctor. My GP diagnosed my Lyme, and she did it my first visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found a doctor who is treating you! Best of luck on your healing journey.

      Delete
  2. We definitely have ticks on the West Coast. I can't tell if your article is meant to be sarcastic or what -- because a few of your facts are very wrong. Please do not dispense medical advice without a medical degree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post was completely sarcastic. All of my facts are purposefully wrong and not meant to be used as medical advice. Though I'd like to point out that many people with medical degrees are equally ill fit to give out advice about Lyme disease. =)

      Delete
  3. My wife has Lyme disease, your 6 reasons even aid our diagnosis.we hiked all the time spent many days hiking we also live in the Alabama back woods and she had a perfect bullseye on her left fore arm about 4 to 5 inches in diameter and flu like symptoms from hell and for weeks and months. We went emergency room when bullseye firstly showed and was very defined the ER Dr. Came in and took a pic cause she said she hadn't seen a case Lyme disease in a long time.the standard test suck and worthless it came back negative so got doxycycline and send home wad sicker than I ever seen a person. Took to another ER and the bullseye still very pronounced and this ER doc looked at it and said it was a fungus lol and then treated us as we were looking for opiates, it gets worse other doctors have flat said it's in our head and even scorned by doctors for even believing that, said didn't exsist in Alabama.......they were so wrong she has since been diagnosed with Lyme disease with several positives on the highest grade tests available. .....you were right Hanna we did most all the things listed on your list and she has Lyme disease Alabama is tick infested and LYME is here.......always look for Lyme literate doctors ONLY......other doctors are your worst chance. ....it's real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes. I am so sorry to hear about your experiences with Lyme disease. I also was put on doxycycline. That medication can do horrible things to a person.

      I hope your wife has been able to find a good doctor and get some helpful treatment. I will be praying for you both!

      Delete
  4. It makes me angry that doctors are not taking the time to inform themselves better about this illness - I mean, it's not like it's ultra-rare, isn't it their RESPONSIBILITY as doctors to make sure their knowledge is as up-to-date as it can be? I don't have Lyme Disease myself, and my heart goes out to those who do, but one of the reasons I know about it is because here in Maidstone in the UK, where I live, there are signs all the way along the river with pictures of big, scary rats on them warning the public about the dangers of catching Lyme Disease from the rats that live wild along the river. Which I would say pretty much blows out of the water the idea that you can only catch it from deer, or that it only exists in certain parts of the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's bizarre to me that doctors have (or are giving out) such outdated information. I'm so glad that you live in a place that warns you about it! Stay safe and lyme-free. =D

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative