Sunday, July 13, 2014

Doxycycline: The Medication From Hell – A Horror Story by Hannah Heath


A few months ago my doctor put me of Doxycycline. When I first got the bottle, I thought, “Oooh, it’s a pretty color!” But after I took my first dose all I could think was, “Somebody just shoot me now.”

I know Doxy works for a lot of people and you have no idea how happy I am for those of you that have actually benefited from it. But I also know it can be torturous to others because I am one of those “others.” I was on it for a little over a week and for that entire week I was nauseous, tired, and I got sunburnt just by thinking about being in the sun. 

On my tenth day, the side effects were really bad and my Mom had to drive me to the doctor. I was completely out of it for most of the drive there. All I can remember was wanting to burn every single bottle of Doxycycline that I could get my hands on. Almost as soon as the doctor saw me she said she was going to take me off of that life-sucking medication. Okay, maybe she didn’t use those exact words. But however she worded it, she made me the happiest I’ve ever been while in a doctor’s office.

When I got home and looked in my medicine cabinet and saw those beautiful little blue pills staring up at me, I suddenly came up with a wonderful idea. I would write a best-seller about these pills. I would call it Doxycycline: The Medication From Hell – A Horror Story by Hannah Heath. I would sell millions.

But there is one teeny tiny issue with this otherwise brilliant idea. Even thinking about those pills makes my stomach turn. I now realize that I will never be able to write that book.

This is probably the most difficult thing I have ever done because I’ve always wanted to be a famous author, and this idea could have been my ticket to fame. But since I’m not physically capable of writing it, I thought I would pass the project on to one of you. All I ask is that you cut me in for some of the earnings…I think half would suffice. So, who wants to take my place and write the next big hit? I’ve already designed the cover: 


6 comments:

  1. I had to take Doxy twice for over 100 days in a single year. What a terrible experience. I empathize with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh. I'm so sorry to hear that. It could NOT have been pleasant. I hope it helped, though.

      Delete
  2. G-mail me and I'll tell you my horror stories with cabergoline. LOL. Seriously, though, we haven't talked in FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuck. I haven't been on cabergoline, but I've heard bad things about it. Sorry you had a bad experience! =(

      I hope you're doing well! We'll have to catch up sometimes soon!

      Delete
  3. I am on my second day, and I know what you are saying. It feels like my body is at war with itself and well it would take a book, like you said to describe the horror and hell i am going through inside my emotional self, thank GOD, I am a professional social worker and know the difference, and can remind myself that this is not my reality and that my thoughts and feelings are medication induced. But I write this to validate the concerns with this medication. I took the medication approximately one year ago for foliculitis, and experienced the same thing. I thought at the time it was the medication and the emotional turmoil subsided after about 3 days. Now I am POSITIVE, after taking the medication for a second time and putting myself through the HORRIFIC, experience again... THIS IS A DANGEROUS medication for SOME, and people should be considered warned of the potential emotional and possibly even life threatening side effects that this medication can cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Late response, but: I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this! It is a horrible medication for some. I hope it at least helped you a bit. I'll be praying for you!

      Delete

Google Analytics Alternative